This school year is just so overwhelming, it's all I can do to get through the day. With so many new things I'm required to do, my brain is so full that I don't think to grab the camera until I get home and have nothing to post on my blog. So, I'm going to take a moment and try to focus on some positives.
1. My super improver wall seems to really help motivate the kids and is even working with my student who just came knowing no English at all! I love when the new things I try work out. Especially after putting all the effort into them.
2. We had our first spelling test of the year this week. All but one of my students (and not the ESL kid listed above!) passed with flying colors. I only hope this will continue when the newness of it wears off.
3. I work with a wonderful team of teachers and even though things are extremely difficult, we support one another and are helping each other through it.
4. My students are starting to know the expectations and routines of the classroom. This makes things go so much smoother (or is it more smooth?).
5. I have had some very kind compliments from one of my kids' parents. If you're not a teacher and you have kids, I can't emphasize how much just a "thank you" means. And when you're more specific like this mom was, it really helps make facing all the crappy stuff that comes with the job a little easier to take.
I can't promise you pictures next week, but I'll try.