Saturday, September 29, 2012

Phonics Help for ELL parents

Hi,

I have been very busy.  That made my blog go on the backburner for a while.  My kitchen is now completely cleared out and they will demolish it on Monday.  What have I gotten myself into?  If you're interested in my remodel, I'm blogging about it here:  Joell's msc. musings

I am teaching an iPad class to the faculty at my school.  This is forcing me to learn things at least a step ahead of them.  Today I spent a lot of time working with doceri.  I used it to create some short videos to help my English Language Learners and their parents with the English phonics and spelling systems, with a little handwriting thrown in for good measure.  (I have several Arabic speaking students who need to learn our alphabet along with the phonics.)

These are in no way masterpieces, but I think they'll get the job done.  And there's that side benefit of me learning how to do it on doceri.  I still have other things to learn about doceri.  So far for educational film making I prefer educreations.  We'll see if I still feel that way once I totally figure out doceri.


The first video is above.  You can access the rest at my youtube page.

Perhaps this week will be the week I remember to take pictures at school!

Joell

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...they make me feel like I'm not talking to myself.