Tuesday, September 4, 2012

And We're Back to School Again

I hope you all had a nice Labor Day Weekend.  I had a friend here from out of town and we had a great time.  But today was back to school all over again.

My students do really well in the morning, but really struggle in the afternoon.  It's just so hard for them to be on their best behavior for that long.

My math was a disaster today.  The new program we're using utilizes a lot of technology.  My iPad was controlling my computer and it all went haywire.  The kids were tired and having behavioral issues.  Most weren't even trying to stay with me (so far this program is not very engaging to the students).  I was getting very frustrated.  Then in walked our wonderful aides, whom I really do love, except they chose that moment to start taking kids out for testing.  That was the point when I decided to skip math for the day (sh, don't tell anyone!) and put on a video for a while.  My sanity was saved, but now I'm even more behind in math.  So frustrating.

I stumbled upon a movie theme for my room this year, so I put up a decoration on my door that goes with excellent work samples.  Right now they're just ordinary worksheets, it changes all through the year.  Here's a picture.


And that's it for today.  Hopefully I'll eventually catch up with myself and have time to read other blogs and stuff.  Right now I'm just trying to stay above water with the workload and newness of everything.

Joell

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, sweetie. Eventually you'll find the rhythm and stride of it all. *HUG*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...they make me feel like I'm not talking to myself.