Saturday, April 14, 2012

Plant Observations and Field Trip Fatigue

The week was a long one. We had a field trip on Thursday and I don't know who was more worn out, the students or me. We had a picnic in the park. It was chilly and overcast, but we didn't get rained on. Unfortunately, the playground equipment area was under construction, so the kids could only play on about half of it. After the picnic, we went to the planetarium and saw a show in the dome. By the time we made it back to school, the students were so tired they seemed to be in a daze. It was so quiet in my room! We are continuing our plant experiment. Our plants sprouted on Thursday and more on Friday. We are keeping a log and writing in journals about the plants. Here are a few pictures of the plants and the journal entries. Here's the cover to our books.
Here's what the logs are looking like. They tracked the day we planted, the days we watered, and how many plants have sprouted so far.
And this is a journal entry describing the newly sprouted plants. We're working on using adjectives. It says "It was little, green, they look like a clover."
This weekend I am busy preparing for more work on adjectives. I'm using Babbling Abby's "Let's Get Poppin with Adjectives", which you can find here I can't wait to try it out with the kiddoes. Have a great weekend! Joell

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...they make me feel like I'm not talking to myself.