Monday, July 2, 2012

Inspiration

Hello,

It seems like everywhere I look I find inspiration and new ideas for next year.  Last spring I read The Daily Five and though I can't fit it all in with the reading program I am required to teach, I've decided to at least do read to self, and possibly read with a friend.

Then I found Teacher Tipster's website and started watching some of his amazing (and somewhat wacky at times) videos.  He does a finished work binder with sheet protectors.  I'm going to use that idea next year.  I can't decide whether to use his one breath boxes or the excellent Whole Brain Teaching Super Speed 100 stuff.  Decisions, decisions.

Speaking of Whole Brain Teaching, I began incorporating some of their management system into my teaching last year.  I had used 1,2,3 eyes on me forever, but once I got used to class/yes, I found it easier and much more effective.

Of course I steal borrow great ideas from teachers all over the place.  I discovered teacher blogs through pinterest.  I have several boards there.  The ones pertaining to teaching are listed below.

General Teaching Stuff
Language Arts
Math
Science and Social Studies
Arts and Crafts (includes music)
Teaching with Technology
This one isn't all teaching, but it's pinterest stuff I've tried
And one more:  Educational Videos which are some videos for students to watch, and others for me to watch good teachers teach.

You may notice I have a . before each of my teacher board's name.  I did this because I pin most often to my teacher boards and I wanted them to come up at the beginning of the list so I didn't have to scroll down so much.  This way they're always at the top.

Well, I think that's enough for today.  I'll try to get some pictures going again soon.
Joell

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joell!

    I'm now following you too! So glad we can collaborate and find inspiration from each other! Fantastic posts! We do the daily 5 also and I love whole brain teaching...very quick and effective!

    Keep in touch!

    Amanda @ elementaryteacherfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda!

    I'm almost to double digit followers!

    Joell

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...they make me feel like I'm not talking to myself.