Thursday, January 10, 2013

Why didn't I think of that sooner?

Hi all,

We are working on our weather unit and I needed a word wall.  I've been scrambling lately, and haven't had much time.  So, out of desperation (and lack of time) I came up with the brilliant idea (that many of you probably already figured out) of having the students create the cards for the word wall.

We brainstormed for weather words.  I helped them with spelling.  Then each child got a word and an index card.  They needed to write the word and illustrate it.  These were placed up on the science word wall.  We also have a word list that we'll continue to add words to.  So here's my completely student-made beginning of my science wall.

The kids are already using it more than our other word walls, probably because they made the cards.

Popcorn Fun!

Tomorrow (if we don't have a snow day) we'll be doing the fabulous Poppin' Out Adjectives activity by Babbling Abby.  I did this last year and it was a great success!  I can't wait to watch the kids have such a fun time describing the sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and feelings evoked by popcorn.  

End of Term

Our term ends on next Thursday.  Our teacher work day has become a day of training, so I have to somehow get all that stuff done before and after school.  That said, I might not be posting much until I recover from all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...they make me feel like I'm not talking to myself.