Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's Been a While...

Hi,

I had a lovely vacation in San Diego followed by parent-teacher conferences.  February has been crazy busy as it usually is.  We had Groundhog Day, the 100th Day, Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day, President's Day and parent teacher conferences.  No wonder I'm so tired!

We are currently working on maps and I got the biggest kick out of a few of the maps my students chose to draw.  I just had to share.

She got the Utah "Yoming" and "Callorado" placements fairly right.  Love that she has an East and West pole, placed on the appropriate sides of the map.  "Areazona" is just to the northwest of China.  Texas is just above the South Pole.  Florida is above Texas, then there's Pennsylvania, Washington, and Logen?   California is just east of the North Pole and Mexico is west of the North Pole with Canada just below Mexico.  :)  
This one is a map of her bedroom.  I love the microphone, guitar and drums in the middle.  
And we have a nice little neighborhood map here.
This week will be a fairly calm week compared to the rest of February.  Hopefully, I'll get around to posting about the awesome ipad app I used.  Yes, that's shameless teasing and self-promotion there.

Joell

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...they make me feel like I'm not talking to myself.