Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Off to a Slow Start

I like the idea of a blog, now I just need to remember to take the time to actually learn how to do this.

Contraction surgery was so much fun!  It built memories for my students and perhaps some of them may grow up to be real surgeons.

This week is parent/teacher conference week.  I dread this week every time it comes around.  It's good to meet with the parents and students and discuss their progress,  but it's so exhausting!  I have worked like crazy and now have confirmed appointments for 23 of my 24 students.  I'm hoping I can get that last parent to commit to coming.  It certainly might seem like a small and unimportant thing for many parents, but I can tell you it makes a difference.  So if you're a parent out there--even if your child is the top of the class, please meet with your teacher for conferences.  It's a wonderful chance to celebrate your child's strengths and perhaps make some goals to help him or her learn and grow.

Once I've recovered from conferences, we'll have one more week before spring break.  We're going to be working hard on our water unit in science.  I love teaching science with all of its hands on experiments.  We'll be doing surface tension experiments, and sink/float experiments.  We'll use a hotplate and ice to work through the water cycle.  It's so much fun exploring the world with young students because everything is new and exciting to them.  If you teach about water, I'd love to hear some of your ideas.

I'll see if I can figure out how to add the button for followers today.  Eventually, I'll figure this out and even get some pictures and things up.  Thanks for reading.

Joell

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...they make me feel like I'm not talking to myself.