I'm going to see if I can manage to post this week despite it being my first week at a new job. Here goes:
2. I have a goal to visit all 50 states. I'm over half way there. This summer I added Oregon to my list of states visited. I saw every lighthouse in Oregon while I was there.
|Coquille River Lighthouse, Bandon, Oregon|
4. Before I became a teacher I worked as a sign language interpreter. My signing skills have gone downhill due to disuse. It's such a beautiful language, I miss it. Here's a video I found that has some nice signing.
5. I have a cat named Katie who is 16 years old. Her favorite thing in the world is a pizza box. Every time I get pizza I have to leave the empty pizza box laying on the floor for her to enjoy.
Katie on her pizza box.
6. Although I've lived in Utah almost my entire life, I have never gone skiing. When I was young and reckless I was too poor. Now I'm too scared I'd break something. Besides that, I don't like being in the cold that long.
7. I have a teacher website that is in transition as I've changed jobs. There might be some helpful links, especially for early grade teachers. Here's the link: http://my.uen.org/myuen/52987
8. Though I have no kids of my own, I have several nephews and nieces. Some are all grown up, but there are a few young ones still around. The youngest enters first grade this year.
9. This one kind of goes with #8. I am happily single. I enjoy it most of the time. The worst is when something breaks and I can't fix it myself.
10. I finally got to 10! I can't believe how hard this seemed to be. Maybe I'm just boring. LOL I have met many online friends from around the world in real life. I think it's safe to say that I'm not an axe murderer and I haven't met any yet. The people I met that were farthest from me came to Salt Lake from Sweden. It was great fun taking them around and they especially loved the real cowboys they saw while they were here.
Tomorrow's supposed to be a classroom tour, but I don't have a classroom any more. If I remember and have time tomorrow, I'll try and get a picture of a computer lab or my office, but even that's not quite ready to go yet, so it won't be anything exciting. I might just skip it. We'll see.
Yay! I actually posted something!