Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Lack of Posts

Hello,

Yes, I'm still alive!  We're hitting that time of the year.  You know, THAT time of the year.  When the stress levels reach dangerous portions.  When the kids start bouncing around on your last nerve.  When the pressure is on, but you're too tired to go on.  Yes, it's the week before spring break.  Hopefully, I'll make it!

I have been very busy preparing to play the part of a tourist in Washington D.C. at the Cherry Blossom Festival.  I'm so excited, but a little annoyed to miss out on the White House.

I've been feeling pretty burned out lately, and as a result I haven't been taking pictures of things.  However, I found this wonderful app that I'm so excited to be using.


It's called Tiny Tap and it's this very simple app you can use to create your own ipad app.  I presented it to my students last week and they LOVED it.  It's a free app and it has a great tutorial that explains how to use it.  I'm waiting to get it put on all the devices at school, then my students will be creating their own apps.  This is also useful to me as a teacher if I want to create apps for my kids to use.  One of the things I like best is the ability to put audio questions on it, so the non-readers and ELL students in my class can easily use it.

So, that's my newest technology find.  I still have a lot to share from UCET, but I'll have to do that when I find a free moment between all the crazy busy pre-spring break chaos.

Enjoy Tiny Tap!
Joell

2 comments:

  1. It is THAT time of year! Best of luck surviving the week before spring break! Enjoy the Cherry Blossom festival, it is amazing. I live just outside of DC and it's one of mt favorite events. We have snow right now but hopefully it will melt and warm up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki, well, I made it through one day. The forecast was looking pretty good when I checked it yesterday. I haven't been to Washington D.C. for more than 20 years. It'll be interesting to see how much it has changed/stayed the same. Thanks for your comments. :) I hope you're surviving THAT time of the year.

      Delete

I love comments...they make me feel like I'm not talking to myself.